Friday, February 23, 2007

Car Finance - My Experience

We have made tremendous progress in providing financial instruments to common man in last few years but still we have to go long way in what we are promising and what we are delivering to the consumers. While it was said by all Banks or financial instutions that getting loan for your Car is a matter of few minutes but once you fall into their trap than real agony started. They start at odd hours to your mobile without caring that you may be in important meeting, asking number of documents to acertain proof of residence, identity, I.T. return, bank balance and so on. And interesting aspect of the agents are that they filled applications for four banks - ICICI, CITI Financial, HSBC & HDFC with the pretaxt that whoever will approved first, we will avail. Once I filled the forms than from next day phone calls and visits to my home & office was started by inspectos or supervisons to acertain my identity, income, charecter etc. The were least interested inEMI, rate of interest, hidden cost etc. The nitemare not ended on approval. When I reached showroom a bunch of hundred of documents are given to me to sign without giving time to read. It gave me impression that I am illitrate and somebody trying to take my thumb impression. It is really a bad experience and now I am scared to think of taking home loan for my new home.

No comments: